1 form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case; "Can you conceive of him as the president?" [syn: conceive of, ideate, envisage]
2 expect, believe, or suppose; "I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"; "I thought to find her in a bad state"; "he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"; "I guess she is angry at me for standing her up" [syn: think, opine, suppose, reckon, guess]
- To form a mental
image of something; to
envision or create something in one's mind.
- Try to imagine a pink elephant.
- To believe in
something created by one's own mind.
- She imagined that the man wanted to kill her.
- To assume.
- I imagine that he will need to rest after such a long flight.
- To conjecture or
- I cannot even imagine what you are up to!
- To use one's imagination.
- To guess or
- Let me imagine - it's a ring!
(transitive) to form a mental image of something
(transitive) to believe
(transitive) to conjecture
(intransitive) to guess
- Form of imaginer
Imagine may refer to:
- Imagine (album), John Lennon's second solo album
- Imagine: John Lennon, a 1988 documentary film about John Lennon
- Imagine Peace Tower, a memorial to John Lennon in Iceland
- Imagine (Eva Cassidy album), Eva Cassidy's 2002 album featuring a cover of John Lennon's "Imagine"
- Imagine (Armin van Buuren album), 2008, the fourth studio album by Armin van Buuren
- Imagine, a track off Snoop Dogg's latest solo album, Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
- Imagine (TV series), a BBC arts show presented by Alan Yentob
- Imagine Software, a (now bankrupt) video game company based in Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Imagine (3D modeling software), a 3D modeling and ray tracing program, originally for the Amiga
- Imagine (graphics software), an image and animation viewer software for Windows
- Imagine (festival), a rock music festival annually held in Basel, Switzerland
- Imagine Entertainment, a production company founded by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard
- Imagine (AD&D magazine), an "adventure games magazine" focusing on Dungeons & Dragons and published by TSR UK in the mid-1980s
- Imagine (educational magazine), a periodical published by the Center for Talented Youth at Johns Hopkins University
- Imagine (Star Reach magazine), a comics magazine published by Star*Reach in the late 1970s
- Imagine (newspaper), the official journal of the Socialist Party of Canada
imagine in German: Imagine
imagine in Spanish: Imagine
imagine in French: Imagine
imagine in Italian: Imagine
imagine in Latin: Imagine
imagine in Dutch: Imagine
imagine in Japanese: イマジン
imagine in Norwegian: Imagine
imagine in Polish: Imagine
imagine in Swedish: Imagine
imagine in Vietnamese: Imagine (định hướng)
account as, assume, be afraid, believe, coin, conceit, conceive, conceptualize, conclude, concoct, conjecture, consider, contemplate, cook up, create, daresay, deduce, deem, devise, divine, dream, dream up, envisage, envision, esteem, estimate, expect, experience imaginatively, fabricate, fancy, fantasize, feature, feel, fictionalize, gather, grant, guess, hatch, have a hunch, have an idea, have an impression, have an inkling, have the idea, hold, hold as, ideate, image, infer, invent, judge, let, let be, look upon, look upon as, maintain, mold, opine, originate, picture, ponder, prefigure, presume, presuppose, presurmise, produce, provisionally accept, realize, reckon, regard, repute, say, see, set down as, shape, suppose, surmise, suspect, take, take for, take for granted, take it, take to be, think, think of, think up, trow, understand, view, view as, vision, visualize, ween